One of the 25 Safest Banks in the World
Australia’s First Bank
Today, we continue to lead the way in the banking and corporate sectors, as evidenced by:
- First. Westpac was Australia’s first bank and first company. Established in 1817, Westpac has a proud banking heritage, stretching over 200 years
- AA- rated1. Westpac is recognised as one of the 25 Safest Banks in the World by Global Finance Magazine2
- No. 1 Australian Bank for FX Globally3
- 36,000 employees
- 12 million customers
- No. 1 Ranked as Australia's most sustainable bank and #2 of all banks assessed globally4.
This strength means that clients within or across Asia can be assured of financial security, a depth of relationship and the support of specialist personnel.
Things you should know
1. Standard & Poor’s long term issuer rating. Current as at 31 March 2016.
2. Global Finance Magazine’s World’s Safest Banks List 2016. Ranking based on evaluation of credit rating from sample of 500 banks worldwide.
3. Euromoney FX Poll 2015. Measure of market share from 3,794 FX industry votes.
4. Ranked #1 in Australia and #2 of all banks assessed globally in the 2017 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI). We have a long history of sustainability leadership, having achieved the global banking sector leadership position ten times since the Index was first established in 1999.
Things you should know
This information has been prepared by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141, AFSL 233714 ('Westpac'). The exchange rates provided are indicative only as at the time and date shown, are subject to market movements and therefore change continuously; they should not be relied upon as an accurate representation of any final pricing. You should contact Westpac for up-to-date pricing prior to dealing. Transactions may be subject to certain fees and charges.
For further enquiries relating to foreign exchange please visit your local branch, contact your Westpac Relationship Manager or alternatively call our Mumbai Branch on +91 22 6627 1000.
This information has been prepared without taking account of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of this you should, before acting on this information, consider its appropriateness, having regard to these things, and seek independent specialist advice as necessary. Neither Westpac nor any director, officer, employee or associate of Westpac or of any related entity make any express or implied representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of this information.